Tuesday, July 12, 2011

First Time Ever

I have never before deleted comments because of content.  A couple of times I deleted copies when the same comments were inadvertently posted two or more times.  Today I deleted two comments because of their content.  It was not simply that they disagreed with me but the manner and tone of the disagreement which was offensive to other readers and inflammatory... I hope that I will not have to do this again...  If you find those comments that go behind disagreement or challenge and become offensive, please email me... 'nuff said!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!

Rev. Allen Bergstrazer said...

Thank you.

OldSouth said...

May civility ever rule and reign...

Sue said...

I read that comment that you deleted because it came through on my email. I thought you did the right thing. It's YOUR blog, doesn't belong to anyone who reads it. And that comment had no place here. I don't read comments posted on news stories for the most part, particularly if it involves religion, because you will get garbage like that (or worse). A pastor's blog does not have to accept that. Thanks for deleting!

Shannon M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry Roseleip said...

I also saw the comments that you deleted. They were obviously posted by individuals whose goal is to draw the conversation into an argument and away from the subject of the post. Thank you for not falling into the trap. I seldom comment on blogs but read and enjoy many. Thank you, Pastor Peters, for a very good blog.