Let me outline a few of the things he expects from those who wish to pass his course:
- What is the First Apology of Justin Martyr? When and were was it written? What does it say about worship? Outline the service it describes...
- Who is Pliny the Younger? Why did he write to the Emporer Trajan? What does his letter tell us about Christian worship?
- What are the three branches of Eastern Christianity? How do they differ doctrinally?
- In the Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom how is the sacrament prepared at the proskomide and what does this symbolize?
- Who put together Evening Prayer in its current form, when, and from what traditions?
- Define temporale and sanctorale.
- What did Luther say about the elevation in the mass?
- What is a Lutheran Church Order? What influence do these orders have on Lutheran worship today?
- What is the Common Service? When did it appear? What was it designed to accomplish? What conflict arose about the confession in the Common Service?
- Define, compare, and contrast revivalism and evangelicalism.... inculturation and emergent worship...
- Who was Johann Anastasias Freylinghausen?
- Need I continue?????
BTW Look forward to the Hymnal Companion for LSB which Joe is completing, having received the hand-off from Jon Vieker who is busy in the President's Office....