Thursday, May 10, 2012

The best use of the thurible...

I don't know about you, but Seminary did not teach me the proper use of the thurible.  I had to figure it out on my own.  It was a long time before I gained even rudimentary control over the incense and understood the relationship of the pot to the chains.  I still am but an amateur.  Thanks be to God that we now have a video which shows the proper use of the thurible and I heartily recommend it to all those, who, like me, have been perplexed as to what to do and left without guidance from our Seminary teachers (who should have more adequately taught us in this art).  (PS... watch the whole thing; it is short)


3 comments:

Crazy German Ukrainian said...

I am sure if you had asked Prof. Francisco, he would have helped you practice... ;)

Crazy German Ukrainian said...

Though I notice now that I've been mislead by FB to believe it was a post by a former fellow student of mine. My apologies, Pastor Peters!

Janis Williams said...

OTFL. Had to postpone watchiing till today.

If I see you come out of the sacristy with thurible in hand....