Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Humble thanks. . .

I took a moment to review some stats from this blog and was stunned to find out that on July 31 of this year 111,556 people tuned in directly to this blog and uncounted numbers through other means (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).  This means that the total number of blog readers has exceeded 5.5 million (on my counters) and continues to grow exponentially as the blog is shared through other means.  It is immensely satisfying and yet greatly humbling.

Let me take this moment to let you know how much I appreciate your faithfulness.  I do not consider myself to be anything but an ordinary pastor who loves his vocation and loves to read.  It is my privilege to serve along side so many faithful pastors whose names are not well known but whose ministry touches so many lives with the saving Word of the Lord and the blessed Sacraments instituted by Christ.  If I am in some small way an encouragement to my many brothers, I am thankful.  If I make you angry from time to time, forgive me the offense and know that my point was not to incite but to wrestle with the problems and resources the Church has for this moment.  So many other blogs have gone the way of all flesh, so to speak, and I never thought this would last as long as it has, but I will endeavor to continue -- if not for your reading then for my sanity.  

For the many laity who read, I hope and pray that you are also encouraged in your baptismal vocation and challenged from time to time to reach deep within the well of God's riches as He daily and richly blesses you and causes your faith to grow and your life in Christ to prosper.  Pastors and people are not in competition but complement each other in the work of the Lord -- within different venues but with equal urgency and blessed result as we abide in Christ and He in us.  

Thank you.  Thank you and God bless you.

The Rev'd Larry Peters+


No comments: