Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Christmas hymn new to me...

HT to Stephen Starke for this one...

My Heart Would Ever Wander


(Mitt Hjerte Alltid Vanker)

1. My heart would ever wander
To where my Lord was born,
My thoughts return to ponder
That humble stall forlorn:
My faith there finds its treasure,
Its home of pure delight,
Its peace beyond all measure
This blessèd Christmas night.

2. Palm branches I would scatter
Around the place You lie.
For You alone, Lord, matter;
For You, I live and die.
Come, let my soul be finding
The joy that makes me whole:
Yourself to me, Lord, binding
Here, deep within my soul.

3. Lord, come, each bolt removing;
Unlock my heart and mind.
My longing sighs are proving
The welcome You will find.
Your love my heart obtaining:
You purchased it from sin,
Thus evermore remaining--
Your love, wrapped here within!

No comments: