Friday, February 15, 2013

Pass it on. . .

Good print resources for children are not always available and, when they are, they deserve to made known.

I commend to you a book on hymns for children.  Since Pr Will Weedon has already reviewed it, I will merely pass along what he has said with a simple "me, too" with his words.

Kelly Klages is the author and illustrator of this wonderful children's hymnal: Hosanna, Loud Hosanna: A treasury of hymns for children. She very kindly gave me a copy at the Hymnwriters Conference. Besides the beautifully illustrated hymn section, there is a parent's guide in the back that helps with notes on each of the hymns. Included you will find such treasures as Lord Jesus Christ, Be Present Now; Let the Earth Now Praise the Lord; Silent Night; Glory be to Jesus; Hosanna, Loud Hosanna; Let All Mortal Flesh; We All Believe in One True God. If you're looking for a great gift for a little one that will delight and bless, this is it! I think I know JUST WHO needs one of these... You can order a copy here. You will NOT be disappointed!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I would order 50 of these for our church IF I thought they'd be used. I'm afraid they would just gather dust. All of our youth leaders want jazzy camp songs with NO interest in these hymns. (I've gently addressed this). How sad for the children of our church.