Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The blog is dead! Long live the blog!

As we end 2013 I will pass on what a reader of my blog passed to me:  Sometime in the past few years, the blog died. In 2014, people will finally notice.  Geez.  I never noticed.  Apparently I should have been tweeting little tidbits of stuff instead of subjecting folks to the antiquated mechanism of a blog and its seemingly out of date longer substance.  You can read it all here.

I guess I will know that my little hobby is dead when no one visits it any longer.  Until then, I will keep on posting the meandering thoughts of this Lutheran Pastor... until it is over and the last one to leave turns outs the lights...

Is anybody there?  Am I a figment of my own imagination?  Would somebody hold up a mirror to my nostrils to see if the breath has left my body?   Ooooooohhhhhhhh I feel like I am falling. . .   and I can't get up. . .

9 comments:

Josh Hanson said...

with the popularity of RSS readers, you may even have readers out there who never set foot on your actual blog. I don't know if there's any way to tell how many people read it that way, but I'm one of them.

Sue said...

I sure enjoy reading it.

Anonymous said...

Pastor Peters, your blog is my current homepage. I can count on it to offer something well written and thought provoking when I fire up the internet. Thanks for spending the time and energy to produce so much good content.

Susan said...

Twitter is great, too, but just see how many tweets point to a blog for "the rest of the story..."

Cheryl said...

I have been told the same thing, but I am still blogging (and reading your blog and others). I think it is true that not as many people are blogging as used to. It was the latest, trendiness thing for a while and now it's not. But that just means the ones that are left are the ones who survived because of their superior quality. ;-)

El Cid said...

I am here! And I read your blog everyday. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Dear Rev. Peters, this may not be the best news for you, but I start my day with your blog, right after I take a quick look at the world news.

I wish you and yours a happy, healthy, successful and peaceful new year.
Peace and Joy!
George A. Marquart

ghp said...

Via the RSS feed, it's a top, regular read for me. I'd hate to have to do without your voice, Fr. Peters...

Anonymous said...

Pastor Peters,
I read via Feedly (RSS feed)far away in Minnesota. I always enjoy it. A good balance of Christian / Lutheran / Pastoral...ponderings!

Marty