Saturday, July 30, 2022

A thought. . .

It appears that more than 4 Million folks have perused the pages of this blog since I began it about a dozen years ago -- well, I guess a few more than that.  Readership on this site hovers at about 60K-70K separate individuals per month -- depending on how outlandish my comments or how much I have shaken up the pot of crazy.  It is not a big blog but it has done okay.  I have no idea how many folks read on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, by email feed, or by people passing things on themselves.  I have only a rudimentary tracker that ticks off different IP addresses.  Before that, I had an even cruder version that gave only page hits.  So I presume that my numbers are conservative rather than optimistic.

Anyway, I see now that Gene Veith over at Cranach has gone to a pay site for his blog -- you will have to subscribe and pay a monthly subscription fee to see what is percolating on his mind.  I really do not want this to come to that.  As long as Blogger lets me do my thing, I am pretty content not getting any money for it and I despise ads.  That said, from time to time I do like to ask if you think this blog is still a place you want to go and my meandering pastoral thoughts still something you are curious about.  So this is that time.

Either comment or send me an email and let me know if you think this is worth continuing.  I am not asking so much because I am thinking of shutting it down as much as I am curious about whether you value what you read here -- for good or ill.

11 comments:

A saved sinner said...

Yours is the first thing I read each morning. Has been so for quite awhile. I love it. Please continue. I quit reading Veith when he went capitalist on me.

SDG said...

Pastor Peters,
‘First time commenter, long time reader!’ I look forward to reading almost every day. Thank you for all the time you put into publishing it.

William Tighe said...

Please continue

Timothy Carter said...

I read you everyday and often just read through your extensive history. Your thoughts are confessional Lutheran and therefore very comforting in my near isolation. You keep me in touch and keep my faith sharp.
Bless the Preacher...keep up the good work.
Timothy Carter, simple country Deacon. Kingsport, TN.

gamarquart said...

I read your blog every day, including Saturdays and Sundays, on which days most bloggers do not post anything new. In my comments I have often been critical, but not always. There have been many occasions, when I wanted to praise a posting, but somehow did not get around to it. Mea culpa. The critical comments seemed to have more urgency.
I would genuinely miss your blog if you were to stop it. I do admire your tenacity in posting something new every day, and I imagine that you must sometimes overcome the temptation to skip a day.
Thank you, and thank God.
Peace and Joy!
George A. Marquart

Paulus said...

Keep shaking the "pot of crazy". Your blog is one of the first things I read on a daily basis in order to stimulate my mind and stir my faith in Christ. You are hard core Confessional and I appreciate that.

D. Bestul said...

Pastoral Meanderings has been on my 'Favorites Bar" for years. Your insights are scriptural, confessional, applicable and encouraging for those of us who are fighting the good fight. Thanks for them. Count me among the many who faithfully read your blogs and hope that it continues, even should you need a break and decide to write for it on a bi-weekly basis.

Deacon Nicholas said...

Well, I'll vote for shutting it down. Give you more time for prayer.

Unknown said...

I agree with most comments that appreciate your blog and think you should continue. I enjoy the strong Confessional Lutheran worldview on all the topics you share. I try to read it everyday and it has encouraged me through very difficult times. Thank you for sharing!

Padre Dave Poedel said...

Larry:

I have found green pastures at “substack.com” regarding posting. You can offer a non-paid or pay or a combination. Like you, my little blog is free there.

Blessings,
Dave (padredave.substack.com

jwskud said...

I check in almost daily at lunchtime Mon-Fri, right after perusing the Babylon Bee. I really appreciate your posted sermons as they either reinforce what my own confessional Lutheran pastor preached, or come at the texts from a different angle, both of which are spiritually helpful!