Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Up Side of Sin and the Fall


I was reminded today that until the Fall of Adam, we were all vegetarians... so as I hoisted the big piece of USDA prime beef onto the grill, I caught myself pondering the fact that were it not for sin I would be grilling only vegetables... darn... could it be that there was an up side to the terrible deed in Eden? Yes it brought sin and death, but it also led to a rare rib eye, grilled to perfection... sure, I know, we gave up more than we got... but... well, it just tastes so gooooood...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just knew there was going to be the mention of food somewhere along the line! And after seeing it mentioned in your blog as well as in your sermons and Bible study, I know now for sure that God may also have a sense of humor.

Janis Williams said...

I think Augustine had a quote on this...