Thursday, April 22, 2010

So What Shall We Say Then to This???

If God be for us, though Microsoft be against us, we shall prevail... but unfortunately that probably means a new hard drive and re-setting up my office desktop.  I got nearly all the data off and I have it on a stand alone drive and I have the Church laptop to function with until things get repaired, it is a terribly helpless feeling when an error message comes across the screen.  Then, what I can do to fix it is limited because whoever set it up (and for the life of me I cannot recall), they put in a separate administrator password that none of us has ever seen...

It is amazing how much of my work is done before a computer screen... I have had phone calls from folks who said "didn't you get my email..." and voicemail messages that said "I sent you an email but I did not get a response..." and the secretaries are asking me if I put this on the server or that... and I am sitting here sighing, groaning, and getting hot under the collar (literally) because it is not working out today as I had hoped... maybe because it all began in the Dentist's chair...

Oh, well, we were able to say the Eucharist without need of a computer.... and we will finish the sermon for Sunday... and, God bless it, tomorrow is my day off... so I am going to forget about it all... for a day...

No comments: