Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It brought tears to my eyes....

In 1986 the classic movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off a cult film was made and its wisdom is the gift that keeps on giving.  And if you are thinking "what movie" then you got to stop what you are doing, get a life, and watch that sucker right NOW.  Cough a bit, leave work, get it from Netflix or Red Box or stop by Wal-Mart (its always in stock) and go for it!!!  BTW, check out the lyrics to Danke Shoen and Twist and Shout from Wiki before you watch it - trust me, you'll know why later!!

I regularly quote the wisdom from this movie (great theological truths like "never believe in an ism").  Honestly!  Ask my Bible class.  They know classic greatness (or at least learned it from me...).

So my heart was warmed and my eyes welled up in tears when Scott Diekmann put me on to this commercial.  Watch it but only if you have seen the movie first.


3 comments:

HappyFox said...

Lol, "Diva".

Rev. Paul T. McCain said...

Larry, good timing. I had the joy of watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off last night with my 17 year old/senior in high school daughter. She loved it. Hope it did not give her any ideas though.

: )

That commercial was brilliant.

Or, in Ferris' own words: It was so choice.

Anonymous said...

We rented the movie as soon as it came out on video. Unfortunately my husband had just come home from the hospital after hernia surgery. It just about killed him! We had to stop it several times because he was in so much pain from laughing.

Mary