Soooooo. . . Hollywood, pressed by the #MeTo movement, has decided to put new rules in place for simulated sex scenes in movies, etc. I am sure you are breathing a sigh of relief that rules are now in place, right? We can all be happy that "extra underwear can be digitally removed during editing (if you agree). Ahhh, nudity without actually having nudity. Now that IS an improvement. Digital nudity. Yes, that is exactly what we need.
What is the proposed new simulated sex scene guidance
- Actors should rehearse kissing scenes by "giving each other a peck" at first
- "No use of tongues" unless the director and both actors agreed in advance
- "No saliva mixing as it is abusive"
- "No nudity with genitals touching (always use patches or modesty barrier)"
- Producers should employ an "intimacy director" to protect actors on set
- Actors should be told in advance if they need to strip for an audition and may bring a "support person" along