Thursday, February 7, 2013

Musical gems...

I have posted often of the musical treasures of modern church composers.  In this case I would direct you to three works by Lawrence Whitehead.  They are rich and elegant, owing to the heritage of great church music and yet modern and fresh.

Go to this link in order to find the three compositions:  Veni Sancte Spiritus, Christor Redemptor Omnium, and Creator alme Siderum.;  Whitehead is not the philosopher but a twenty-two-year-old English composer whose youth is hidden behind some of the most well crafted musical forms I have heard from composers since the turn of the twentieth century.  I will admit that most of my listening is to works from composers much earlier.  This one is a great sign of hope for today and tomorrow!

The composer himself describes his work and there is much there to ponder.






No comments: